Monday, April 27, 2009

Virtual Condom: Mother's Day is a Sham


I can remember one time on Mother's Day I lamented to my mom that there was Mother's Day, Father's Day, but no Kid's Day. I remember her quick and slightly bitter/angry response: "EVERY DAY IS KID'S DAY."

My mom's not the only one with unappreciative offspring. On my community boards at work, we posted a question: What Was the Worst Mother's Day Gift You Have Ever Received? Check out these awesome answers, that really shine light on this sham of a holiday that is Mother's Day. ("Hey Mom, you snipped open your vagina for me. I made you some pancakes. Are we even now?")

FYI: the countdown to Mother's Day is 13 Days.

"My ex-dh told me on my 1st MD that I really did not need aanything and bought himself $300 spekers for his truck, and flowers, card and stuff for his mom. So it hurts a little. This year I will probably buy myself flowers and plants for the garden, if we have the $$$ too. So Mother's day is just a day where i sit and cry inside." daisymay

"Today, Mother's Day, was a very upsetting day for me - we all went to church without barely a peep from anyone. I would have simply enjoyed a kiss upon waking up and a "happy mother's day" - I got nothing until I started moping around. Then my dh walked in with a "we were supposed to give this to you earlier". I knew he had signed the kids names on the card in the kitchen only moments earlier. He got me a gift card to a store I shop at once a year (if that). I was devastated and don't know what I have done to deserve this today--- and at this point at 6:30pm, he still has yet to utter the words "Happy Mother's Day"." maschmayhem5

"how about hearing from your mom that your brother is her only child b/c he bought flowers? that sucked. mother's day is actually a terrible thing. it's worse than christmas, and christmas is pretty bad! even if you prepare yourself and don't expect anything, every thing will remind you that people are supposed to be showering you with love. then you have to continue telling yourself it's alright and maintain mental health, pretty much for the whole month of may. just another freaking problem to deal with. i'm sure i'm not the only one who wishes it didn't exist." okasachan

"I have to say, I only have had a few mothers days, but this last one yesterday was probably the worst. it started out really well, I woke up took my daughter to my sister house where my other sister and mom were, we made some jewerly (a side business that we do for fun) and chilled. The we wne to Horton Hears a Who, in the theatre. While my husband was home with our son cleaning. It was kind of nice, my daughter had a a hard time sitting in the movie but over all it wasn't too bad. When I got home my daughter fell asleep in the car and when I woke her up to put her in the bed. Thats when it started, way over tired, she was crabby and could get back to sleep. So she cried. My sons I teeth are coming through so he was pretty unhappy. and to top it off we had his family over for dinner. I pretty much cleaned up the mess of dinner, had two very crabbly kids to handle, I think they overstayed there welcome a bite, they stayed till till 9:00pm which didn't leave much of cuddleing time with my hubby and I. I was exausted so I went to bed at 9:30. I know is really isn't that bad. But I am just very frustrated that I didn't have more help from his family." kfiedler

"I've never had a good mother's day. My husband doesn't see the point in it so he doesn't celebrate it. But this one is probably been the worst. My grandma passed away Thursday night, and Saturday we were served with an eviction notice. Woo f'in hoo." twiceblessed



Another Virtual Condom: Screaming Children

Another Virtual Condom: Episiotomies

No comments:

Post a Comment