Monday, April 20, 2009

Why Disney World Kicks Ass #7: It's Effing Scary



When I tell people I love Disney World but have never been to Universal Studios, which is merely miles away, they often say, "Why don't you go to Universal? The rides are way scarier." Duh. There isn't anything less scary than The Hall of the Presidents. But I'm not going for scary. I'm going for awesomeness and wonder and hot French waiters, and you know, if you've been reading these posts.

But every time I go on the Rock 'n Roller Coaster I think I am going to have a heart attack. It goes from zero to like 90 mph in quarter of a second -- but what's scarier is the speaker next to your ear blasting a wailing Steven Tyler -- "ARE YOU READY TO ROCK N ROLL?" (It's an Aerosmith-themed ride.) So after all the scary stuff, you listen to "Dude Looks Like A Lady" and go through some fast and fun, but pretty tame flips and dips.

Then you go see the photo they took while they were blasting your socks off and see how stupidly scared you were.

No comments:

Post a Comment