Monday, March 30, 2009

"You Wanna Have Fun and Be a Race Car Driver? Then Just Sign up For the Military!"



If you've been to the movies recently, you've surely been violated by the ridiculously loud, aggressive, and non-sensical Kid Rock ad that they play during the previews, a video entitled "Warrior," where Kid Rock assures you that everyone calls him Warrior (lie), tells you to join the military, and juxtaposes the Revolutionary war with Iraq and Afghanistan (awesome.) I haven't seen this sort of propaganda in the United States... ever? Maybe? Maybe I just haven't been paying attention. Or maybe it takes someone obnoxious like Kid Rock to make me realize I am being indoctrinated. Anyway, I watched the video sort of thinking "WTF," but this YouTube video includes some kind of funny commentary, totally clearing up Rock's message and this warrior-ed-ness. Yes, it sort of hurts my ears (there is plenty of screaming. Hello -- warriors scream a lot), but it's way awesomer than the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment