Thursday, January 29, 2009

Why Disney World Kicks Ass Reason #2: Hot French Waiters


In EPCOT, (THEEXPERIMENTALPROTOTYPECOMMUNITYOFTOMORROW, in case you were wondering) 11 countries are represented in World Showcase with pavillions where you can eat, drink, and party authentically (or inauthentically in an adorable, kitchy way) in the country you are visiting. Each country is unique (The Japanese women always accuse me of shop lifting, and the Moroccon boys try to get me to party in Orlando with them after hours -- more on that later) and the France Pavilion is special in the awesomest way of all -- the waiters in the French Restaurant, Bistro de Paris, are almost always mind-blowingly hot, in that lip-biting, holy-shit, OMGTHEYARESOHOTTHEYMIGHTBEGAY?, European kind of way.

Although their English is horrible and I rarely have any idea what on earth they are saying, I look forward to them bringing me little plates of cheese and carding me for my glasses of wine. (Tip: Don't ask them for band-aids, they have no idea what that word means. But fine, conversation is not important when love is in the air -- only eye contact is necessary.)

I always ask them where they are from, and if they've gotten the chance to travel while visiting the United States. I used to stop at asking if they've visited New York, urging a trip a.s.a.p. to "the best city in the world!" (which I'm sure, as any good Frenchie would, they all bitterly disagree and are convinced that everything sucks except for Paris. I know this. My Parisian friend from high school -- affectionately nicknamed "Frenchie" -- told me so.) But now I've gotten more bold in my conversation. Soon I'm sure I'll be leaving them keys to my apartment and saying "stop on by whenever! I've got an enormous bed!"

I find it deliciously ironic that the only picture I could find of the Hot French Waiters was this one -- where everything is crystal clear EXCEPT FOR THE HOT FRENCH WAITER. So you'll have to just go and see for yourself. Voulex-vous coucher avec moi ce soir?

No comments:

Post a Comment