Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A Cat on a Hat (And Some Excellent Advice)

I often see Charlie walking around my neighborhood in the evenings, with his best bud Nicholas atop his head. Nicholas is always very well behaved and I can tell Charlie is, like, Cat Owner Of The Year. I finally asked if I could take his photo, because he always makes me smile. Charlie agreed, but asked for a few bucks so that he and Nicholas could get some food. I didn't realize this was a way Charlie makes money. (What to do, what to do!?)

Anyway, I gave him a $5 and he posed for a picture and even gave me some excellent advice (I didn't know that was included in the price!): Don't date someone who's going to scratch you in the face. Are we talking about Nicholas? I wondered. He wouldn't! But Charlie removed his glasses to show me several light welts around his eyes -- marks that he said were from his ex-girlfriend. Find a guy that treats you right, he said.

OH, OKAY. You make it sound so easy, Charlie. But thank you anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment