Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Okay, this nytimes feature is kind of cool

Just last week I was whining about how I wasn't going to be able to read things on paper anymore and I'm still sad about that, I am. But I was reading an article on nytimes.com and noticed that this little question mark would pop up if I highlighted something*.


It's a dictionary! Which is great! Because the people at the New York Times use big words and also I don't have to open a new tab and type in bartleby.com and type out the word and then pick which result is actually my word and then read the definition (and listen to the pronunciation because that robot voice kills) and then go back to the article having forgotten where I was.


It's also great because the word "worm" is listed in the NYT Guide to Essential Knowledge (what a great name) and I can still listen to a robot voice.

*OK I just found out, minutes after posting this that this has existed for year. Like, since 2002. I'm really ashamed I got so excited but still, it's a good feature.

1 comment:

  1. don't feel bad, I totally also just discovered that too. and for that matter, whoever says it isn't new I do not believe.

    ReplyDelete